Your privacy is super important to us. Your data belongs to you. We don't ask for your email login or any OAuth token. Your mailbox is processed locally on your computer and never transferred to the internet.
No information about your mailbox (none of any kind, including email content, metadata, or headers) ever passes through any of our servers. You only need internet connectivity to sign in when opening the GoodByEmail app to unlock the paid features. Once you do that, you can disconnect from the internet and use the app to process your inbox file offline.
GoodByEmail adopts a "Privacy First" approach in understanding how you use our website. Therefore, we don't use any cookies to collect usage metrics. We also refrain from "fingerprinting" individuals via their IP address, User Agent string, or any other data for the purpose of collecting statistics.
Updated September 12, 2023
Please see their relevant Privacy Policies, Terms of Service additionally to this policy.
Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- (a) Information that you provide to us for the purpose of signing in to the GoodByEmail app; Your user credentials (email address and password), which are handled by Auth0.
- (b) Information that you provide to us when you sign up to our newsletter; Your email address.
- (c) Information relating to any license purchase you make of (including your name, delivery address, payment address, telephone numbers, email address); All payments are processed via a third party integration called Stripe, completely secure, GDPR and PCI compliant and SSL enabled. Stripe has certain data processing activities for which it acts as a data controller, and others for which it acts as a data processor. A good illustration of this dual role is when Stripe processes credit card transactions. Facilitating a transaction requires the processing of personal data, such as the cardholder’s name, credit card number, the credit card expiry date, and CVC code. The cardholder’s data is sent from the Stripe user to Stripe via the Stripe API (or by some other integration method, such as Stripe Elements). Stripe then uses the data to complete the transaction within the systems of the credit card networks, which is a function that Stripe performs as a data processor. However, Stripe also uses the data to comply with its regulatory obligations (such as Know Your Customer (“KYC”) and Anti Money Laundering (“AML”), and in this role Stripe is a data controller.
Using Personal information
Personal information submitted to us through GoodByEmail website and app will be used for the purposes specified in this policy. We may use your personal information to:
- (a) Send you login details to GoodByEmail app when you purchase a license.
- (b) Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested.
- (c) Send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- (d) Send you our newsletter emails (you can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time).
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party's direct marketing.
Your user credentials (email address and password) used to login to GoodByEmail app are handled by Auth0. By utilizing GoodByEmail app you give us full consent to handle your credentials via Auth0. You may contact us at any time to withdraw this consent.
What are cookies.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collection information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
GoodByEmail uses a Privacy First approach to understand how you use our website, so we don't use any cookies to collect usage metrics. We also don't "fingerprint" individuals via their IP address, User Agent string, or any other data for the purpose of collecting statistics.
GoodByEmail website only uses the following types of strictly necessary cookies:
- Stripe cookies - for processing your license purchases.
- Google reCAPTCHA cookies - for securing our web forms against spam bots.
GoodByEmail app only uses the following types of strictly necessary cookies:
- Auth0 cookies - for authenticating users and verifying whether their license is active or not.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and it will not affect your user experience on GoodByEmail website. However, in a few cases, some website features may not function as a result (e.g. license purchases).
Privacy policies of other websites