Updated September 12, 2023
GoodByEmail is owned and operated by Monasy Limited.
These Terms of Service constitute the agreement between you (“You”, “User”) and GoodByEmail or our affiliates (“we”, or “us”, “our” or “GoodByEmail”) regarding Your use of the goodbyemail.com (the “Site”), our software indicated herein (“Software”) and any of our other products or services located on the Site or through the Software (together with the Site and the Software referred to herein as the “Services”). Please, note that not all the Services of GoodByEmail are covered by these Terms. Some Services have their separate terms of service, which prevail over these Terms. Your use of the Services is subject to your acceptance and compliance with these Terms. "Use" or "using" means to access, install, download, copy or otherwise benefit from using the functionality of the Software in accordance with the documentation. If you do not agree to these Terms, do not use the Services. Each time you access or use the Services, the current version of these Terms will apply. These Terms will always be available on the Site.
SOFTWARE AND LICENSES
When used in these Terms, the following terms shall have the respective meanings indicated, such meanings to be applicable to both the singular and plural forms of the terms defined:
"Software" means all of the contents of the downloads containing GoodByEmail Software with which these Terms are applicable, including but not limited to (A) registration information, i.e. license key which is unique for your registration name; (B) related explanatory written materials or files; (C) Software setup files and code samples (if any); and (D) any upgrades, modified versions, updates, additions, and copies of the Software, if any, provided to you by us now or in the future.
"Trial Version" means a version of the Software to be used only to review, demonstrate and evaluate the Software. For example, the Trial Version may allow You to simply discover a sample of the email addresses of people who have sent you an email based on your mailbox file, nothing more. Any functional peculiarities, limitations or problems present in the Free Version are and will not be a basis or reason for You to obtain a refund of a purchased license.
GoodByEmail as the licensor, grants You as the licensee, a non-exclusive right to use the Software under these Terms. The Software is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. GoodByEmail reserves all rights not expressly granted to You. GoodByEmail retains the ownership of the copyright in and to the Software. In cases, when the Software is acquired on the subscription basis, the duration of the license shall be fixed by the subscription conditions.
PERMITTED USES AND RESTRICTIONS
Subject to Your compliance with these Terms, GoodByEmail grants You a non-exclusive, limited, revocable, non-transferable license to use the Software solely as follows:
- The Trial Version of Software may be installed and used by You for the sole purpose of trying and evaluating this Software.
- The Trial Version of Software may be installed and used by You on any number of systems.
- The Software may need special access permission (e.g., administrative privileges) at application launch to run the app when deletion of cashed and other unnecessary files is needed.
- Unauthorized copying of the Software is expressly forbidden.
- Your distribution of a Trial Version of the Software to a third party will not entitle You to any compensation from Us.
- You may not rent, lease, or lend the Software to anyone.
- You may not permanently transfer all of Your rights under these Terms, unless We are notified of and consent to the assignment and the assignee agrees to the terms of these Terms.
- We hold no responsibility for the results of using Software acquired illegally or through an unauthorized distributor.
- Except as and only to the extent permitted in these Terms and by applicable law, You may not copy, adapt, translate, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, or create derivative works of the Software or advertise the Software in any form.
- Without prejudice to any other rights, We may terminate these Terms if You fail to comply with the terms and conditions of these Terms or other documents referred to herein. In such event, You must destroy all copies of the Software.
You may not assign, rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense the Software, except as provided herein or with our express consent and agreement.
These Terms are effective until terminated by you or us. Your rights under these Terms will terminate automatically without notice from us if you fail to comply with any of its terms. Upon termination of these Terms, you shall cease all use of the Software and destroy all copies of the Software.
YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE SOFTWARE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, SAFETY, ACCURACY AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, CORRUPTION OR LOSS OF DATA, FAILURE TO TRANSMIT OR RECEIVE ANY DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE OR ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE OR APPLICATIONS IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE SOFTWARE, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) AND EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In no event shall our total liability to you for all damages (other than as may be required by applicable law in cases involving personal injury) exceed the amount of fifty dollars ($50.00). The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us relating to the Software and supersede all prior or contemporaneous understandings regarding such subject matter. No amendment to or modification of these Terms will be binding unless in writing and signed by us.
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.